Meet Our Partners
We’ve been incredibly fortunate to have guided hundreds of thousands of individuals and families on their path to financial recovery and independence. One of the cornerstones of our success have been our Partners. We couldn’t have provided the quality services we offer without you! Whether you are a referral partner, a sponsor, a funder or a volunteer who supports our mission, WE THANK YOU for your contribution to our success over the years!
Our Featured Partners
Black Women Build Baltimore
Black Women Build-Baltimore is a homeownership and wealth building initiative that trains Black women in trades-related skills by restoring vacant and deteriorated houses in West Baltimore.
How BWBB and CCCSMD Partner:
BWBB refers clients to CCCSMD who are ready to pursue homeownership. Their clients attend CCCSMD’s First Time Homebuyer Workshops and receive individual financial counseling.
The Howard County Association of REALTORS®
The Howard County Association of REALTORS® represents 2,000 real estate professionals in Howard County and beyond. As the voice for real estate in Howard County, HCAR’s mission is to advance Howard County’s real estate industry by shaping public policy on real property issues, and by encouraging, promoting, and teaching consistent standards for ethical practice and professionalism to its REALTOR® and Affiliate members. For more information, visit www.hcar.org.
How HCAR and CCCSMD Partner:
In 2021 and 2022, HCAR sponsored CCCSMD’s First Time Homebuyer Workshops in both English and Spanish. HCAR members were often guest speakers at these workshops, sharing the realtor perspective on the homebuying process. In 2023, HCAR is supporting CCCSMD’s development of fair housing training where realtor members will also be a part of the development and delivery of the public education.
Self-Help Credit Union
Self-Help Credit Union is a nonprofit Community Development Financial Institution chartered in 1983 to partner with working families and underserved communities. For over 40 years, Self-Help has provided more than $10.8 billion in financing to help more than 155,000 borrowers buy homes, start and grow businesses and strengthen community resources. Achieving the American Dream isn’t easy, but fair and affordable loans help bring it within reach. Our goal is to provide loans that help individuals and families build a better financial future. Our loans not only do good; they help our members avoid high-cost lenders and check cashers that too often prey on working people.
How Self-Help Credit Union and CCCSMD Partner:
CCCSMD has identified low credit scores as a major barrier to homeownership and established a partnership with Self-Help Credit Union to allow interested and eligible clients to access a credit building/rebuilding loan product at no cost. By using this financial solution, clients can expect to improve their credit scores by an average of 30 points in one year. Self-Help Credit Union also provides in-kind office space in Florida that enables CCCSMD to provide in-person financial counseling and refers their customers to CCCSMD for financial counseling and education.
Interested in Partnering with Us?
Whether you are looking for a trusted partner to assist your employees or clients with their financial questions and concerns or are interested in creating and launching a financial education program, we’d love to hear from you! We work in partnership with dozens of financial institutions, community-based organizations, employers and other reputable entities to educate thousands of consumers each year.
We offer custom workshop series for our partners! Our Outreach Managers work with community partners to build tailored education that fits their client’s needs. Many of our partners have supported their community members by offering courses in credit, budgeting, homeownership, identify theft and more. Our courses are offered both virtually or in-person.
Other services include…
- Debt reduction and/or credit building referral program;
- Affordable housing and first-time homebuyer programs;
- Collaboration on workshop and web-based presentations on topics such as Credit, Budgeting, Homeownership and Identity Theft/Scams;
- Co-branded education materials;
- Short-term and long-term financial stabilization programs;
- Advocacy through consumer awareness campaigns
Interested in Partnering?
All of Our Partners
CCCSMD values strategic partnerships with community organizations that help us reach clients throughout the region.
- Baltimore County Library System
- Civil Justice
- Credit Builders Alliance
- Economic Action Maryland (formerly MCRC)
- Financial Social Work Initiative at UMB School of Social Work
- Habitat for Humanity of the Chesapeake
- Habitat for Humanity – Seminole-Apopka
- Habitat for Humanity – South Sarasota
- Habitat for Humanity – Manatee
- Howard County Library System
- Maryland Network Against Domestic Violence (MNADV)
- Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service (MVLS)
- Urban Strategies Inc. (USI)
- United Way Volusia and Flagler Counties
- University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB)
The following organizations support CCCSMD’s efforts in providing housing counseling to residents in Maryland and Delaware.
- Bank of America
- Citizens Bank
- Fulton Mortgage
- Howard County Association of Realtors
- Maryland Association of Realtors
- Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development
- National Association of Realtors
- PNC Bank
- Rosedale Federal Savings and Loan
- Residential Title and Escrow Company
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Wells Fargo
The following organizations support CCCSMD’s efforts in providing financial literacy education, budget and credit counseling, and debt management plans with voluntary financial contributions.
- American Express
- Bank of America
- Barclay Bank
- Capital One
- Comenity Bank
- Discover Card
- Fifth Third Bank
- Howard Bank
- JC Penney
- JP Morgan Chase
- Kohl’s Department Store
- M & T Bank
- Municipal Employees Credit Union
- Bank of the Ozarks
- PNC Bank
- Resurgent Capital Services
- Seacoast Bank
- State Employees Credit Union
- Synchrony Bank
- Synovus Bank
- TD Bank
- Third Federal Savings Bank
- U.S. Bank
- USAA FSB
- Wells Fargo Bank
Additional organizations refer their members, clients, or employees to CCCSMD for services.
- Aberdeen Proving Ground Community Family Services
- Baltimore Community Action Partnership
- Bridgeway Community Church
- CedarPoint Federal Credit Union
- Central Credit Union
- Delaware Financial Literacy Institute – The Money School
- Druid Heights Community Development Corporation
- FedChoice Federal Credit Union
- First State Employer Assistance Program Association
- Ft. Detrich Army Community Services
- Ft. George Meade Army Community Services
- Habitat for Humanity of the Chesapeake
- Habitat for Humanity of Harford County
- HCTA Federal Credit Union
- HUD Federal Credit Union
- IBEW 26 FCU
- Limestone Federal Credit Union
- LM Federal Credit Union
- Market USA FCU
- Maryland Community Action Partnership
- Metropolitan Baltimore Quadel
- Members First Federal Credit Union
- New Park Heights Community Development Corporation
- NIOC Maryland Navy Financial Readiness Program
- Park Heights Renaissance, Inc.
- People’s Advantage Credit Union
- Police Federal Credit Union
- Sallie Mae
- Saint Agnes Federal Credit Union
- Seaford Federal Credit Union